Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring is coming...

and I can't tell you how that makes my heart sing! The clear, blue sky, the warming temperature, the daffodils peeking up through the dirt: they cause my heart to swell with joy and a feeling of knowing I'm taken care of. A season only lasts for a certain period of time, and on just the right day it all starts turning over to the next one. I see that paralleled in my life, and it brings me comfort. I can walk through anything for a time. You never know when you'll be led into the next season.
This morning I was a little afraid that the next few days were going to be really hard for me, and even when I first woke up my mind was plagued by worries and the temptation to try to figure things out. I spent a little time in Proverbs and a verse stuck out to me. A gracious woman attains honor. It wasn't anything big or fancy, just a gentle reminder of what I'm called to- showing grace to those God puts into my day.
On the way to school I was listening to one of my favorite songs, with the words, "You are the everlasting God. The everlasting God. You do not faint. You won't grow weary. You're the defender of the weak. You comfort those in need. You lift us up on wings like eagles." It just really caused my heart to take courage, and embrace this day. It's all I know I have, and the everlasting God is present in it with me.
Mysteriously, God caused a huge joy to just fill me, and I found all day that my thoughts were focused, peaceful, intentional. I had the chance to encourage a dear friend of mine, as she's encouraged me so many times. I had some little snippets of time to ask several kids how they're doing and let them know that I notice them. I had a great talk with my vice principal. I'm very thankful for this day.
Thank you, Lord, for the changing seasons, and how running through them is the steadfastness of Your loving provision and sustaining power.