Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thursday Thirteen- The Inaugural Edition!

Okay, my friend Carissa- whom I love- does this every week and I decided I wanted to join in!

Thirteen Reasons I'm Thankful to be a Teacher on Valentine's Day
  • It's an excuse to make my kids cupcakes

  • A chorus of 25 sweet voices saying, "Thank you!"

  • Cards that say inspiring things like, "Girls Rock!" and "You're Purrrfect, Valentine!"

  • Getting HUGE boxes of chocolates..that I won't eat

  • My principal shows the love too! Krispi Kremes for breakfast!

  • Seeing how many shades of pink and red fellow teachers can wear

  • Unique presents. This year's winner- a gilded bird cage that is a music box

  • Taking an opportunity to tell my kids I love them

  • Hearing, "You're the best teacher in the world!" and knowing a cupcake was all it took!

  • A stuffed dog that sings, " You Make Me Wanna Shout!" and declares love to me!

  • Getting a gift certificate for a free mani or pedi!

  • Ah...the conversation hearts. Faves: U GO GIRL, MY BOY, TOO HOT, and MAD 4 U

  • Knowing I get to see these sweet kids tomorrow too! Unless it snows.

Here are a few documentary photos.
























































4 comments:

Carissa said...

your first thursday 13...i'm so proud of you! : )

kate said...

i must confess, i couldn't stick it out for the whole song so i don't know if the valentine dog actually took off in flight like it appeared he might.
see, who needs anything more than students loving and knowing you?!
i mean, that birdcage, really. that shouts, 'erica' like nothing else!!

good post, friend :-)

Unknown said...

Wow, what a huge box of chocolates. I'm sure you really are a great teacher, Erica, with or without the cupcakes. :)

dawn said...

I just found you on Carissa's blog and I think we have met before. Anyway, I watched your dancing dog video with my one year old on my lap and he belly laughed though the whole thing.

You've got a winner there, friend.

Hopefully my soon to be fifth grader will have you or Casey next school year. That would be a huge blessing!

Thanks for letting me visit.