Friday, February 8, 2008

The worst way to start a day...

...for a teacher, is to come into school and find that nine of her students haven't done their spelling work, which they had all week to do, and which I reminded them about every afternoon!!!! I tell you, its enough to make me have them write their words 100 times each over the weekend!!
In other news, there's been a lot going on in my heart lately, all of it good I'm happy to say. God's been showing me many ways that I've closed my heart off to people, and to Him, in the last year or so. I didn't even realize it was happening, and since I'm such a controller and kind of thick headed I guess, it took a long time for Jesus to get me to see the extent to which I was interacting with others out of fear. Fear of having to face my desires, fear that they wouldn't be met, fear of having to feel emotions like loneliness and jealousy, fear of letting someone else in. It all culminated on Sunday night, when, at 1:30 am I suddenly felt my heart breathe again. It felt alive and open and soft. Until I felt those things, I hadn't even noticed that I hadn't been feeling them. It really has made me think about how we have to be vigilant and watchful with our hearts, and has reminded me that I can't even know my own heart and its condition fully. We are so in need of the Spirit to enlighten us, free us, and help us walk in step with Christ's life and heart.
Well, that post took a turn for the better, now didn't it?!

1 comment:

Carissa said...

yes it did! and i SO agree with all of that!!!